Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Golden Wedding Anniversary


Who don’t like to be 50 years with the love of your life? I think this is something that everyone dreams; it gets a family, sharing good and bad times, it lives a lot years with a special person… sounds good, but it don’t all can live fifty years with your couple, for problems or death of the person, for example. So, it celebrate 50 years of marriage is a privilege for who achieve it, and this is a privilege that my grandparents had fifteen years ago, I was 6 years old, but I remember very well this special moment for my family and of this I will speak now.

My grandparents (parents of my mom) lived in Peralillo (VI region, Chile), a quiet and very small village, so obviously, the celebration of their Golden Wedding had to be in that place. They had 11 children, so my family only for side of my mom is enormous; and although the Golden Wedding of my grandparents would be a family celebration more private, few people would not participate xD.

This celebration it was realized on October 7th, 1995 in my grandparents’ home, the idea it was to do the ceremony in a parish church, but about of 1 month before, my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer and it doesn´t had cure, for this reason her healthy was deteriorating rapidly, then for a ceremony more quiet, my family decided realized at home.

Fortunately, for the celebration my grandmother was well, and everything was very nice, it was really an exciting ceremony, and when finished, it began family photos, first only my grandparents, next they with their sons and daughters, then they with their grandchildren, later with the guests, and so photos with all. When the photographs’ session finish, it be began to serve the dinner.

The Golden Wedding of my grandparents is the best memory of family that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment