Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Career :D

In this opportunity I’ll write about mi career: Midwifery, but I didn’t always want study that.

I never had clear what wanted to study, however, when I was growing, I opted to study biochemistry, then when I postulated at university, I loved the chemical, the experiments and the science, and I dreamt with go to study the foreigner later, but I realized that I didn’t see me working all my life in a laboratory. Then I choose study midwifery because I like very much the contact with the people and can to help us, but in special I like the area of premature babies, because they are so defenceless and small that I would be happy to help them, for that reason I think that Midwifery is the perfect career for me, also, I love the obstetrics in general, I think that there is not nothing else pretty that to bring life to the world and help to facilitate this process to the future parents.

In the 1,5 years that I have been studying midwifery, the high number of caesarean have had an impact for me, because I don’t understand as the natural childbirth that is something so pretty , actually be so medicalized , then I would like promote the humanized delivery, too, and all the benefits that it brings to the mother and the newborn, because I think that reducing the number of caesarean is now a very important objective in the obstetrics, what doesn´t mean that I like more than neonatology :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vero!!!

    The porcentage of cesarean in Chile is really impact, I remember that class.
    I think that you want do is very important, because the natural delivery decrease the risk for the mother who have their babies by natural delivery.

    I hope that you achieve your purpose!

    See you tomorrow! bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vero!!
    Personally I think that work in a laboratory would be too monotonous, it's great that you chose obstetrics and you're conform with it.

    Greetings, see you!

    ReplyDelete